Tuesday, March 07, 2006

OK, here goes.

Since I last posted my life has radically changed. I am now a post-op transex... wait that's not right. I did get a new job though, and I feel a little guilty. I'm sure I'll live.

I sort of snuck in the back door to Mill Creek HS. I know one of the APs and he really went to bat for me and convinced the principal (along, of course, with my killer resume) that I was the right guy. I feel in my heart that I am the right guy, I just hate that other great guys didn't get a real shot.

That being said, let me say this... I GOT THE JOB I'VE ALWAYS WANTED- WOO TANG!!! This is truly a dream come true for me. Expectations are high and there are a lot of things to fix, but I feel like my kids have a place to go to school and I have a job to retire from. I told someone the other day that I feel like the dog who caught the car. I've been chasing it down the street for 4 years and now that I've got it in my jaws, I have to figure out what to do with it.

We are already planning for next year- that is the old BD who is now the ABD (not anal biscuit dough) have to really slam a product out. I met with the parents and they seem to really be on board. We are going to do a show called (working title follows) All Up In A Maze, Biotch, or The Labyrinth. I am happy with it so far.

I also did some math. I will fill up my car roughly 8 times next year. Down from roughly 50 times this year. At $30 a fill up, I will save my family around $1250 in gas next year. My commute has dropped from 70 miles per day to 7. w0rd.

I want to thank all the guys who are letting me talk their ears off- B-Dog, OOOOOOOOOOuvre, Kirklander, etc. I need all the help I can get and you guys are great.
Now, on to important things. One of my favorite things in the world is The Onion. My favorite thing on The Onion is Herbert Kornfeld. He is a regular contributer who talks about office life in a unique way. Check this article out http://www.theonion.com/content/node/25830.


That is all for today kiddies. I hope to take less than 6 weeks to come back...

Erik

3 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

Congratulations man. Almost ready to roll.

12:56 AM  
Blogger brian said...

Well, you've helped me a lot too! I am very happy for you!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Mr. Oubre said...

Congrats to you. You deserve it. I dare you to stay there longer than 4 years. I dare you. :)

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home