Thursday, May 04, 2006

OK. So May 20th is the Guy's Day. If it's just me that can go, that's fine. I'm getting hammered and acting stupid. Maybe the cab driver will enjoy it. Any and all are welcome. Please post comments on what you think we should do that day. Circle jerk is NOT an acceptible option.

So I went to a concert at my future school tonight. Of all of the concerts I have ever been to, this may be the most unique. Was it the 8 minute Matador march that the percussion improvised? Or the quarter note equals 60 version of Chardas? Was it the student led Egmont Overture for semi-full orchestra, in which the conductor ould randomly change patterns and lose half of the group? Was it the Earth's loudest band? Was it the jazz band in which I never heard the horns over the Rock and Roll drums? No. What takes the cake you ask?????

It was the 8 minute samba played by the percussion ensemble. Now, I've been around the block but I still didn't know a few things. Like that a Samba and a Matador March were the same thing. Like that the Clave pattern is not 3 plus two, but 2.5 plus 2.5. I also didn't know that it WAS OK TO HAVE CONGA LINE GO AROUND YOUR BAND CONCERT AT THE DIRECTOR'S REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just damn. Just damn.

E

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Oubre said...

Okay, May 20 it is. I wish I could've come to that concert.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mr. Oubre said...

I think May 20 will end up at my house. Brian and I discussed this last night. Kirkland- you in?

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home